We were still hoping for positive results from testing of the water as late as this afternoon, however, today's tests did not quite go our way and our preferred method of racing is just not possible. Hopefully this will be the next best thing...
The following conditions will apply for the Open Race:
- Competitors are asked to make their way to the Latrobe Pool to register for the event from 8.45am.
- Athletes should aim to arrive at the Latrobe Pool as early as possible and assist CCTM volunteers by being organised and ready to race as soon as they have registered. A positive attitude would also assist greatly.
- Local athletes are asked to arrive as early as possible to ensure we can ensure we can make the race start time. (We are still aiming to start the bike/run part of the race between 11am and 11.30am.
- Waves of 8 athletes will complete a 400 metre timed swim in their designated lane in the Latrobe Pool.
- Once athletes have completed their swim, they can make their way down to the race site and collect their race bag and rack their bikes.
- The race clock will be started at as close to 11am as possible and athletes will start the bike leg approximately 50 metres from the transition area at their swim time. Swim times will be listed at the starting area, in order of swim times.
- The race will then continue as normal.
Try Stars participants: Please note that you event will now be a Duathlon and your registration and start times are as normal.
Distances for the TryStars events are as follows:
7-10 years: 500 metre Run, 2km Ride, 500 metre Run
11-13 years: 1 km Run, 4 km Ride, 1 km Run.