Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cancelled duathlon

Sadly the weather has intervened and forced the cancellation of today's duathlon.  This was a very disappointing but necessary decision for the race director to have to make due to safety concerns.

Unfortunately we are unable to reschedule road closures and the other race requirements that may have allowed us to postpone the event.  A lot of members worked very hard to get everything together for this event even getting Joe and Amelia back from France for the occasion.  Great to catch up with them anyway!

All members are now being encouraged to make every effort to get to the LTC Duathlon at Symmons Plains on October 14th as our next event is scheduled for October 28th.  Of course we are still hosting all our usual training sessions... see Training page for details.

We are sorry if today's cancellation has caused anyone any inconvenience.
Please get memberships paid so we are ready to go next time.

No comments: